THE UCSB 2 MV MM-FEL - PHASE 1
The Phase One effort involves completion and testing of all the components and systems needed for high voltage operation.
The status of some of these are:
- Accelerator Column and support frames - installed and weight tested.
- Generating Voltmeter System - complete.
- Corona triode Assemblies - complete.
- Charging System Modulator - in final stages of design.
- Stabilizing Resistor Test - complete.
- Control System - Computer and Camac equipment purchased. Spark hardening of electronics underway. 6 MV software installed and
- Gas Handling System Installed and Connected (9-15-95)
Phase 1 is now complete with first operation at 2 MV occurring on 10-10-95.